The Love Letter to LA Contest
The #lovelettertoLA (the "Contest") is a contest sponsored by the Second Home ("Sponsor"). The Contest begins on June 28 and ends on September 30 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific (the “Contest Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, its member companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
There is no limit to how many photos can be tagged. To be eligible, all Internet entries for Contest must be received by 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time) on September 30, 2019, the “Contest Expiration Date”. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Internet entries within five (5) business days of the contest expiration date. The decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by social media by the 15th of the following month after the contest period has ended. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during seven (7) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of any Contest entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account. In this regard, the potential Contest Prize recipient may be required to provide proof that s/he is the authorized account holder for the Instagram account associated with the Contest entry selected in order to receive the Contest Prize.
4. PRIZES: Each entrant in the Contest will be entered into a drawing to win a private takeover of the pavilion for two-hours on a day to be mutually determined by the Sponsor and the winner The grand prize winner will be announced at the conclusion of the Contest.
No cash substitution is allowed. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. The prize delivery/fulfillment must be coordinated in terms of date/time with the Sponsor.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and sign any further documentation requested by Sponsor consistent with these Official Rules, including an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release and a Publicity Release in favor of Sponsor and the Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History Foundation (“NHM”). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of prize winner(s). Sponsor, NHM, and each of their officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, undeliverable, indecipherable or incomplete entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and NHM and their agencies to use the winner’s name, social media image and/or video, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor, NHM, and each of their agencies are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or misuse of prize(s), participation in Contest, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, indecipherable, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor, NHM, and each of their agencies are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor, NHM, and each of their agencies shall not be liable to participants for failure to supply the Contest Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor's sole and reasonable control. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the winner by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR'S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
8. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of Sponsor’s website or any other project of the Sponsor or any of its members or affiliates.
9. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto www.pavilion.secondhome.io.